Parks and Recreation has a superior ensemble cast, which was illustrated in last night’s episode. Do the writer’s rely on having April and Andy play off each other, or Ron and Leslie go head-to-head? No, they create new and interesting combos (Chris and Jerry) and offer up different dynamics for old favorites (Donna and Tom). More melodic singing from Aziz Ansari and a special visit from “Batman”…what other show could have pulled that off?
Twenty Questions* About ‘Pawnee Rangers’:
- Andy is doofy but without him, who would think up such gems as “Brother Nature”?
- Would Boy Scouts be cooler if Ron Swanson was running the whole organization?
- And with that in mind: are Pawnee Goddesses better than Girl Scouts?
- Does anyone else desperately want to see a video of Ron’s weddings and/or bachelor parties?
- Ben watches Game of Thrones…shocked?
- Are canvas sheets really that versatile?
- Donatella and T-Mobile are the best nicknames ever.
- Can we make “Treat Your Self 2011” a real thing? If so, what would be your “treat”?
- Would Leslie Knope really incorporate Miley Cyrus into anything? Ever?
- Who Google’d rat tumors? (Slowly raises hand)
- How many of those badges did Leslie earn and how many did she give herself?
- Jerry has a large penis AND a gorgeous daughter.
- Wasn’t it nice to see Chris blow off Jerry, which makes him a little less perfect and a tad douchey?
- What’s dorkier: collecting stamps or antique coins?
- Tom’s cashmere velvet candy cane ensemble….hit or miss?
- Was the hug between Jerry and Chris the first time we’ve seen him receive affection, ever?
- After seeing him in costume, should Christopher Nolan have commissioned Adam Scott for Dark Knight?
- Is ‘chickenettes’ something ladies would enjoy being called? (I’m completely for it btw)
- What was Millicent and Chris’ date like…and why couldn’t we see it?
- Who else forgot that Ben, April and Andy are roomies?
*Two are statements…obviously.