Somehow Dennis gave an awesome motivational speech that made the gang want to sneak into a local mansion and steal a vase that “belongs in a museum”. The “Extraction” team (Dennis, Dee, Frank) are stuck inside the house as Charlie and Mac wait outside in a painfully obvious “surveillance” van.
I kinda just realized that this show is just as “about nothing” (<–actual genre) as Seinfeld was but they just take it to the next level. I mean, yeah, Kramer was a complete spaz – and maybe a racist, but no judgment – but they never dedicated an episode to him becoming addicted to crack – although that would have explained a lot. But I digress.
- Charlie and Mac are my favorites. Pairing them together in the car was the second best thing about the episode. What was first you ask…?
- FRANK AND THAT DAMN WHIP!!! Whenever Frank gets a weapon he goes berserk! I think the whip gives Frank’s Gun a run for its money.
- I have no idea how the inhabitants of the house didn’t hear the gang. Dee flushed a toilet, Dennis had that walkie-talkie, Frank was cracking that whip, and they were just talking too loud in general.
- I wish we had been able to hear/see Dennis’ speech. Whenever a speech includes a “demon whisper” that a speech I NEED to be present for.
The gang gets trapped. Dennis gets self-aware (on behalf of the group). And Frank gets a whip. This episode was incredibly solid, but just like Will, I needed to hear that speech. Without it, I felt like we were only given the ‘L’ minus the ‘OL’ that would have taken everything to perfection.
- Dennis examining the gang’s process as it happened was perfect and a tad meta.
- Dee is a liability. Mac is the brawn (his new girth makes that official). Dennis is the looks and the brains. Charlie is the wild card. But can we agree that Frank also holds the wild card position down when necessary?
- Mac may have been going for Indiana Jones, but he more closely resembled John Popper of Blues Traveler.
- Charlie shouldn’t have asked Mac for the chips. In fact, there should be a social rule that if you pass up the opportunity to add to your order, you can’t freeload off the person that didn’t.
“I’m in a little girl’s room.” – (Something no parent wants to hear from) Frank
“Dee, you are escalating shit. See, this is exactly what I’m talking about. We immediately escalate everything to a ten. It’s ridiculous. Somebody comes up with some preposterous plan or idea. Then all of the sudden everybody’s on the gas, no one is on the brakes.” – partial quote where Dennis essentially explains the whole awesome premise of the show
“For what purpose would you have been dragged? You nosed your way into this like you do everything. You are nothing but liabilities Dee. Loud voice. Breath reeks. Nosey.” – Dennis
“What about your whole speech? ‘I have the grace of a falcon’ and ‘I’ll be in and out like a demon’s whisper.” – what originally sounded like Charlie ending up being Mac
“We should not be committing crimes based on beliefs that are two hours old.” – Dennis
“Dee, you gangly, uncoordinated bitch. I am not getting hogtied over your lack of grace.” – Dennis
“I hope they hogtie you and then I hope they rape you in the basement for ten years.” – Dee
“I’m gonna whip this little bitch in the face if she makes a peep.” – Frank
i have to see this episode.