The last time we were at Troy and Abed’s apartment, it was awesome. So there’s the bar…now, mesmerize me with your humor Community! All right, that wouldn’t be entirely fair, but had that actually been my thought process, this episode would have still fared pretty well.
Annie is moving in with the boys and Jeff is the only group member who isn’t there to help her with the actual moving part. Kudos to Jeff. Moving is the worst and asking your friends to help you do anything but watch the movers carry out huge boxes is just disrespectful. Jeff’s plan to fake sick paid so much eloquent attention to detail that not even Britta realized he was faking it. So the group broke up into mini-groups, except for the perpetual “cheese stands alone” Pierce, and made for some of my favorite parts of a very funny episode:
- Troy taped to the door and Abed wearing a bubble-wrap helmet are to things I hope, nay, expect to see replicated on Reddit/Tumblr/Internet in the near future.
- The dinner portion of Dean Craig and Jeff’s “date” took them to a Mexican restaurant that looked a lot like Chi-Chi’s.
- The “Kiss From A Rose” medley officially restored my faith in karaoke. However, there should never be ANY fighting during “Sailing”…Christopher Cross would be appalled.
- Pierce completely destroyed that apartment, but he did so with the best of intentions and it was accompanied by a funny hallucination…which makes it okay.
- Of course Britta picks up a hitchhiker…and of course Shirley is delighted when he’s a religious nut like her….and of course he turns out to be crazy. The overall lesson, unless it’s Ford Prefect, never consort with hitchhikers!
- “The Dreamatorium”…please oh please oh please let us see that magical room in action before the end of the season.
- Moon Dean > Sun Baby
It’s time for Annie’s big move!!! And at this point I wouldn’t be upset if more episodes used Troy & Abed’s apartment as the central hub. Both episodes there this season have been top-tier and might not get deleted from my DVR anytime soon.
Even though I think the characters all get their individual time to shine when they are all together I am liking that they are getting paired up differently this season – with the exception of Troy & Abed, they can stay linked up for eternity for all I care. Here are my favorite moments from the eppy:
- Although my social networking skills aren’t deeply rooted in Twitter, I love the fact that Trobed decided to make #AnniesMove a trending topic.
- Even though Annie can be somewhat annoying at times, I like the fact that she got upset with Trobed for being worse than she is in this episode.
- Call me a sap or whatever but that fairy tale they made up for Annie was uber cute! There were princesses, unicorns and CRACKSMITHS?!?! Awesome.
- Dean Pelton is the ultimate creep/stalker…but I like it…
- And if I don’t see a “Dreamatorium” episode sometime soon…!!!
“When you become roommates with friends, the things you love about them make you want to smother them with a pillow.” – Britta
“Call blackmail a day at the mall with Craig.” – Dean Pelton
“How long was I out? Is Napster still a thing?” – Pierce
“Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess named Annie who was harassed everyday by Count Spaghetti the evil cracksmith.” – Troy & Abed