This wasn’t my favorite Parks and Recreation episode; however, it was definitely my favorite Christmas-themed episode of this season. Citizen Knope didn’t bombard us with lessons on selflessness and it didn’t overplay the materialistic nature of the holiday.
Instead, we learned that Leslie’s “scandal” had a little more impact than she thought it would and her campaign managers quit. But who really needs those two when she has the entire PandR department leading her to victory (minus Jerry…poor Jerry). Aside from that tear-inducing ending, here are my other favorite moments of the night:
- Chris’ new jogging shirt is made of an experimental fabric: Bumbleflex, synthetic bee’s wings.
- Leslie’s obsession with salgar (sugar x salt), which can’t be healthy. Chris would be appalled.
- Leslie is the best gift giver in the world! Although Ron’s automatic door closer and Donna’s blinged-out, leopard robe tied for second, April’s epic picture of her killing the Black Eyed Peas was my favorite.
- “Calculator!” (said to the tune of “See you later!”) Ben’s humor was finally appreciated.
- Andy’s hand in the marshmallow fluff looked just like this.
- April’s marshmallow version of Ron. Aaw.
- The return of
- PCP Makes It Fun.
- Leslie (almost) lost her candidacy and Ben “resigned in disgrace”. Oh, the things these two did for love.
- Jean-Ralphio as the voice of wisdom was weird, so I’m glad he only did it to try and steal Ben’s job.
- The gingerbread office for Leslie, followed by everyone announcing how they’ll help her run her campaign. I’m sure Tom’s swagger coaching will come in handy.