Parks and Recreation has ended its winter hiatus. Leslie and Ben are still together. Andy is still adorably dimwitted and has the lovely, perpetually apathetic April at his side. Tom and Donna surely spent the break gearing up for Treat Yo’ Self 2012 (no, seriously writers, please make that a recurring event). Chris and Ann are literally the best semi-background characters on the show. Ron Swanson is still and will always be Ron F*cking Swanson. And Jerry…sweet, sweet Jerry…is still the unloved bastard child of the bunch.
Campaign season is in full gear, so let’s look back on the great parts of The Comeback Kid…of which there were many.
- “Oh Ann, you beautiful tropical fish.” Leslie is so cute when she’s being condescending to Ann. Speaking of Ann, did anyone else forget that she’s a nurse?
- “Leslie, I tried to make ramen in the coffee pot and I broke everything.” Oh Andy.
- Champion the 3-legged dog.
- Ben is hot when he’s jobless and depressed.
- Actually Tom, the casual Hawaiian shirt is making a comeback. Point for Jerry!
- “I don’t want to paint with a broad brush here, but every single contractor in the world is a miserable, incompetent thief.” Ron Swanson, builder of stages and other wooden things.
- Pistol Pete was played by Tuc Watkins (aka Bob from Desperate Housewives).
- Red-carpet insoles?! Tom is a mini-genuis.
- Leslie Knope is the worst. break dancer. ever.
- Ben’s idea for a fast-food Italian eatery, since pizza isn’t quite fast enough: The Lo-Cal Calzone Zone.
- “No thanks Chris, I’m kinda tearing this claymation video a new one right now.” This was the second mention of Ben’s video and I was prepared to write the show a heavily worded e-mail if we didn’t see the actual video.
- Did anyone else think Chris said “fapping around” when he actually said “faffing around”? The two sound so similar, do they not?
- Ben Wyatt presents: Requiem for a Tuesday. Music provided by R.E.M.’s Stand. Given more time, was this going to be a Tuesdays with Morrie/Requiem for a Dream mashup?
- “Windows are the eyes to the house.” – Andy “Wow.” – Tom
- Community fans: Is it worse to pull a ‘Jerry’ or a ‘Britta’?
- “Eeew, don’t make out, it’s making Champion sad.”
- Leslie’s campaign team making their way to the “stage” requires a breakdown of its own best moments
- Gloria Estefan’s “Get on Your Feet” on repeat every 10-15 seconds.
- Champion peeing on Ron
- Watching the whole team try to walk on ice since the red carpet ended long before they got to the “stage”.
- Leslie being pushed onto the “stage” by the human steps.
- Leslie saying she wants to “defeat obese children”.
- And the pièce de résistance: Pistol Pete trying to make his famous dunk…on ice. An amazing fail to close out the rally.
I’m glad we got one great episode of Leslie’s campaign being led by the PandR Department, but I want her to win, so I’ll take the calmness that will probably come with Ben as her new campaign manager. Leslie Knope 2012!