Previously on Parks and Recreation: Operation Ann
Waiting a week to see the newest PandR was completely worth it. Dave (Louis C.K.), the first to appreciate Leslie’s Leslieisms, has returned and has his heart set on getting back the lovely Ms. Knope. Awkward cop versus the awkward (former) accountant. How is a lady even supposed to make that choice?
On the other side of town, we have the rest of the department gearing up to record Leslie’s campaign anthem (apparently Get On Your Feet is out). The Leslie Knope 2012 campaign has already made for a few great moments (i.e., Pistol Pete’s slam dunk) and although we’ve had a few laughs, I miss the group in its entirety. That minor complaint aside, Dave’s return to Pawnee gave us another hilarious episode.
- “Hey boo boo bear.” Nice, but it pales in comparison to the other nickname options: Cookie Tush, Winnie the Boo, Lady Prec-Prec, Ann Berry Sauce, Annie Get Your Boo and Tommie’s Girl.
- “Mo money, mo problems. That’s what I always say.” (Ben) “How about, mo money mo protective Kevlar vests that save lives?” (Captain Trumple) “Sometimes I say that too.” (Ben)
- Catch Your Dream just rolls off the tongue easier than The Promise of Tomorrow’s Wings. Also, the former is kind of like We are the World…with an actual impact.
- How dare we see the return of Duke Silver without actually seeing the return of Duke Silver!
- Visually, Dave is the grown man to Ben’s adorable awkward twentysomething.
- “We terminated our involvement at that time.” A fresh alternative to saying “we broke up.”
- While Leslie was discussing the Double Endorsement (Starring Ashley Judd: Coming Soon), Ben was freaking out about the cop who walked by.
- “You got it Duke.”
- “Hey, when you two spoon, who spoons who?” Donna always asks the pressing questions. I’m gonna go with the obvious answer here: Tom, of course.
- In terms of slang for bathrooms: Whizzingham Manor < The Whiz Palace
- In his Brat Pack days, I’m very surprised that Rob Lowe wasn’t actually in the massive celeb-fest that was We are the World.
- “You look like I could use some company.” I really missed Dave.
- “I think you sound like an angel and everyone else sounds like demons.” Tom with the flattery that got him nowhere.
- Chris doesn’t know the words to Take Me Out to the Ball Game. Also, there is a chance that he is literally tone deaf. I’m sure Jerry has a voice of gold.
- Haverford Playbook Move #2: Ladies love a guy waiting for them in the rain.
- “Pretty sweet sauce in there, eh ace?” Ben, as he struggles to remain comfortable around cops.
- “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m about to endorse 10 beers into my mouth, because this has been an incredible stressful evening.” I think I just found my slogan for this and all future weekends.
- Tom’s little ditty was the straw that finally broke Ann’s resolve to not date him. And it immediately made me think of Urkel and Laura.
[…] Previously on Parks and Recreation: Dave Returns […]