Previously on Shameless: Just Like The Pilgrims Intended
- The Gallaghers try to put themselves together mentally after Monica’s attempted suicide.
- Fiona wants to meet Jimmy’s family.
- Karen and Jody begin taking care of Karen’s baby against her will.
- Fiona asks Lip to come back home but he denies her.
- While at dinner with Jimmy’s family, Ian realizes that the man he has been having a sexual relationship with is Jimmy’s father.
- Fiona passes her GED test and Lip returns to school to take his AP Physics final.
- Frank – with Debbie’s help – hatches a plan to free Monica from the psychiatric institution.
- Lip tells Karen that he thinks she should let Sheila take care of her child, even if only for a little while.
- After Frank breaks Monica out, she escapes with her new beau. She tells Debbie that they are “better off without her”.
- Karen packs her stuff and leaves after Sheila chooses the baby over her.
- Lip returns to the Gallagher house.
- Estefania comes back to Jimmy for help after she has taken a beating from Marco.
Let It Go, Lip: Karen is, quite possibly, the worst human being ever. No matter how many times Lip tries to justify her actions or attempt to do the right thing she always find a way to do the worst possible thing. Yeah, loves makes you do dumb things and all that jazz but seriously Lip, let it go. Maybe Estefania can help speed up the process?
What Monica Does Best: Did I think Monica was better off in the psychiatric institution? Yes. Did I think she would actually be “better” after coming out? Yes. Did I think she would start a relationship with
Dharma Jenna Elfman and leave her family behind again? Of course I did! I know that everyone’s hopes were up about Monica sticking around this time but maybe they should all just get use to Frank being twice as bad a parent all by himself. Bye Monica, hope you come back sometime next season just so your kids can tell you to f*** off.
Just One More Episode: I’ve publicly said I didn’t think Jimmy and Fiona would get into a full-fledged relationship until season three. I was wrong. So what.
Dude, I’m Doing Your Dad: I haven’t quite figured out the potential backlash for Ian and Lloyd’s relationship being exposed yet but I don’t think Jimmy is going to be that torn about it. Jimmy seems to be a bit estranged in regards to his family anyway. It may not be the largest plot line come season three but I hope that we see it get addressed somehow.
Will is a (not so) recovering TV and movie addict and TVDM only helps in feeding his vices. TVDM is the best outlet for him to spread his disease -without the use of airborne pathogens...