Previously on The Newsroom: Amen
- Will starts going to his therapist again–or at least his former therapist’s son Jack (David Krumholtz)–after four years because he has been having trouble sleeping.
- The network’s insurance company assigns Will a bodyguard, Lonny (Terry Crews), after he is threatened on an online message board.
- Sloan accurately misreports (It makes sense) a nuclear disaster in Japan while filling in for Elliot during the 10pm newscast.
- Will shows Mac the engagement ring he bought her during their relationship.
- Don asks Sloan if he is losing Margaret to Jim. Sloan is…emotionally challenged(?) so she can’t answer honestly. But she tells him that he isn’t by default.
- Charlie suspends Sloan for her actions on-air. He later figures out a loophole to get the network out of the negative light…and to get Sloan back to work.
- Will’s therapist realizes that Will has been having problems because of his feelings for Mac and his recent on-air behavior.
Will’s Got Issues: Well we’ve known that since the onset of the show but now we know it’s certifiable. His feelings for Mac have been evident. His on-air blow-ups have been increasing steadily. And now he has formed some type of relationship with Sloan, so much so that he feels sorry for the advice he gave her about being relentless during interviews–which, subsequently, led to her suspension. Do I think Will is going to continue treatment? No. Do I think he is going to immediately pursue a relationship with Mac? No. Do I pray that he and Sloan engage in coitus? Yes! (Sorry, Mac). A forbidden fruit must be tasted before the season ends and I don’t see it happening with Maggie and Jim unfortunately so that Sloan and Will would be the next best thing.
Sloan Goes Rogue: Maybe Sloan wasn’t the best person for Will to give advice to. She isn’t the most pragmatic person on the staff–actually she’s probably the least–and she definitely overstepped her bounds during her short stint as an anchor. I doubt she gets that chance again though. I’m starting to enjoy Sloan’s character much more as she is beginning to matriculate through different storylines and interact with other staffers.
Cat and Mouse: I believe they are interchangeable at the moment but Mac and Will are doing this dance every week and I’m starting to get tired of it. Not literally. Or figuratively either. I just need someone to make a bold move…or for Sloan to share her bare breasts–and I say that because I adore alliteration…and I kinda mean it, too.
Top Flight Security: Former collegiate football star? Check. Former NFL draftee? Check. Former Army MP? Check. Awesome Old Spice Ads? You decide. I think Will is in good hands.
“Who else’s body have you guarded?” -Will
“We don’t talk about that.” -Lonny
“Kanye. It was awesome.” -Lonny
“Sarah Bernhardt was a turn of the century stage and film actress from France! Sandra Bernhard is a…I don’t know what the hell!” -Charlie
“The wife of a board member died and Will asked me to send flowers. I wrote on the card ‘I’m so sorry for your loss. LOL.” –Maggie
“I thought it meant lots of love.” -Maggie
“How do you still work here?” – Jim
On the episode of The Newsroom: 5/1
Will is a (not so) recovering TV and movie addict and TVDM only helps in feeding his vices. TVDM is the best outlet for him to spread his disease–without the use of airborne pathogens...
[…] thoughts on the newsroom: bullies […]