Parks and Recreation does the dardnest things. Thinking back on the days when filling a giant hole was the sole purpose of the Parks Department, I started to realize this show has never truly disappointed me and (hopefuly) never will. I really enjoyed this episode and not just because Aziz Ansari has the melodic voice of an angel even when singing the ‘Gotcha!’ song. Also, if anyone reading this wants to purchase me a copy of Pawnee: The Greatest Town in America…I wouldn’t turn that down.
Fifteen Questions About ‘Born & Raised’:
- Wasn’t that exactly what you would imagine lesbian-Afro-Norwegian funk music to sound like?
- Would anyone else love to get his or her hands on Ron’s manifesto?
- Is Chris getting aggressively annoying (and not in the adorable way he was before) or does it just seem that way because of the new haircut?
- Isn’t it appropriate that Ron not only whittles in his free time, but makes a beautiful, pitch-perfect wooden record once he’s done?
- Was Joan’s Book Club better or worse than the now defunct, Oprah’s Book Club?
- When did Ann Perkins become Leslie Knope-style nutty? Was it gradual or did it start with Chris?
- What does Tom smell like after that obnoxious amount of cologne sprays?
- Can we spend a few more moments with Andy as Burt Machlan, FBI agent?
- Joan powdering her vagina (and other parts) his her prerogative, but is that something sexy to tell a guy you’re trying to sleep with? Do men find that attractive?
- If Alf was a character on Sex and the City, would that have made the second movie better?
- Why didn’t Chris’ smile work on the Eagleton lady? Again, is it the hair?
- Was anyone hoping that instead of just bringing it up, Ben would tell us which side he stands on in the whole “Spock/Uhura vs. “Kirk/Uhura” debate?
- Does everyone really love gross medical stories?
- Are April and Ron not the cutest? Are you going to start calling people by the wrong name too?
- They treat Jerry like crap and he missed his daughter’s birthday all for Leslie…wouldn’t it be nice to see him turn into a complete dick for just one episode?
“…and Sweetums Cares. A non-profit group that puts umbrella hats on homeless people when it rains.” – Radio Announcer
“At the risk of bragging, one of the things I’m best at is riding coat tails. Behind every successful man is me, smiling and taking partial credit.” – Tom
“What I was 18, Val Kilmer saw me at a mall and told me I should model.” – Joan
“That never happened.” – Ben