Previously on The Newsroom: I’ll Try to Fix You
- Elliot is in Egypt covering Mubarak’s announcement that he won’t step down as acting President. He ends up getting beaten during the riots because Don encourages him to head out to get a story.
- Neal finds an underground informant in Egypt who goes by the name of “Amen” to help them gather information on the scene.
- Maggie buys gifts for Jim to give to Lisa for Valentine’s Day so Lisa doesn’t ruin the mood for Maggie and Don.
- Charlie informs Mac and Will that Wade is running for political office and his frequent appearances on the show may cause some ethical problems.
- Sloan tutors Mac about the economy before she has to speak on a panel about the topic in a few days.
- Will pays Nina $50,000 not to report the story about Wade and Mac in the tabloids. He also has a few choice words for her (refer to quote below image).
“Come after me all you want. Come after me everyday. Look through my garbage. Invent things out of thin air because that’s what you’re paid for. But you touch my staff and you are walking into a world of hurt. I have an hour of prime time every night that I will rededicate my life to ruining yours.” -Will (to Nina)
“In this order: Leave. Lose the election. Go to Hell.” Well it seems that all my plans are starting to take shape. Yeah, Mac should have told Wade that she and Will use to be an item but Wade going behind her back and using her job to gain exposure for his career was too far. I wasn’t sure how it was going to happen but it was inevitable these two (Will and Mac) were going to gravitate back towards one another before too long…or maybe it’s just a St. Valentine’s Day miracle?
Neal’s Newsroom? Possible show name? I mean, this kid has eyes/fingers on everything! Maybe it’s because he is practically attached to a computer at all times but he can find anything. he found and befriended “Amen” before Will and Mac finished explaining the situation in Egypt. I understand that, at times, he may go too far into the realm of internet conspiracy theorists but I’d take that chance with him any day.
Friendship Exchange: It didn’t occur to me that Sloan was the residential robot–emotionally speaking–of the crew until this eppy. And I definitely didn’t see her character linking up with Mac, although I did enjoy their interactions. A slew of fast-paced, fact-based witty remarks makes me swoon like no other. Mac and Sloan really don’t have any other real friends in the newsroom so it makes since that they find comfort in each other. I just hope Sloan is human enough not to sleep with Will and ruin two potentially epic relationships.
Sorry, Mac…but any person with a stitch of athletic fiber, or just some simple decency (Geesh!), in their body cried at some point during Rudy but the “jersey scene” had to be chief among them.
“I’ll begin by saying that Will cries when he watches the movie Rudy.” -Mac
“No, I don’t.” -Will
“Cries like an onion.” -Mac
“Onions make you cry, they don’t themselves experience emotion.” Will
“I just need you to teach me a few things so that it looks like I know something. How long did it take you to know what you know?” -Mac
“College. Grad school. Doctorate. Post-Doctorate. Practical experience. 15 years. When’s the panel? -Sloan
“Tuesday morning.” -Mac
“How about I give you a few things to write on your hand?” -Sloan
“You’re gonna be like St. Valentine himself. You’re g–” -Maggie
“St. Valentine actually–” -Jim
“Focus, nerd!” -Maggie
On the next episode of The Newsroom: Bullies
Will is a (not so) recovering TV and movie addict and TVDM only helps in feeding his vices. TVDM is the best outlet for him to spread his disease–without the use of airborne pathogens...