Previously on True Blood: We’ll Meet Again
“The more things change, the more they fuckin’ stay the same.” -Tara
Can Lafayette catch a break?!
Not only is he relatively friendless at the moment, but he’s dealing with all of his new powers that he doesn’t even want. Every season Lafayette is caught up in some other character’s inner and outer turmoil. Jesus was supposed to be his reward, which was why I wanted him to return and I’m grateful that he has. However, I was more interested in seeing him as a ghostly figure who comes to Lafayette and guides him through the process, NOT as a head with his lips sewn shut. Ruby Jean is batshit crazy, but I’m thinking she’ll be the only one who can help Lafayette right now.
How did Andy and Jason get home?
You can’t keep teasing the fairy storyline! The guys woke up naked in their respective homes and although they discussed their previous night, nothing was really resolved. I wasn’t expecting a full-blown explanation, but I’d like to see this turn into something or at least connect to other parts of the season…by the next episode. Maybe that’s asking too much.
Who freed Russell?
Did Nan have time to do it before she died? Was it Nora? Is Rosalyn also a traitor? Can Salome be trusted?! All we know is it’s a woman, or at least someone that looks like a woman. We also know this same woman decided to have a human carry Russell instead of using her own super strength and speed to do the job herself. That conveniently helped lead Sookie and co. to Babcock Hospital, which is good for pacing the episode, but foolish on the part of the lady vamp.
Is Patrick trustworthy?
Originally, we were led to believe that Patrick was the reason for Rene’s warning and then we learned about Ifrit and it seemed that was the basis for the warning, but I’m going back to my original theory that Patrick is the one Arlene should be worried about.I’m officially going on record and stating that Patrick is somehow connected to Ifrit, and not just because he was the one who told Terry to kill that woman. I don’t think he’s as oblivious as he seems. Honestly, I’m still unimpressed with the whole fire monster story, all it does is remind me of a less interesting version of last season’s Antonia.
Are the Pelts and Russell somehow connected?
Let me preface the following comments with this: I am probably completely off base with this theory. Moving along, we’ve seen that daddy Pelt is a werewolf and we know that Debbie was inducted into the werewolf/Russell alliance in season three. Alcide noted that he smelled wolf when they got to the hospital, so Russell is clearly still working with them in some big (or small) capacity. At the end of the episode it sounded like Alcide was attacked by a fellow wolf. Maybe, just maybe, the Pelts aren’t just the caring parents of a dead daughter. Maybe Cooter introduced them to Russell awhile back and they now work with him. Again, this could be a huge stretch.
Who shot Sam and Lana?
The masks obviously hid their identity and I didn’t recognize the voices, so we have no way of knowing their motive just yet. This could somehow be connected to the Sanguinista Movement or it could just be a new batch of people who hate all supes and feel like shifters are the easiest group to kill.
- Barb AND Jeff? Someone over at True Blood must be a fan of Cougar Town.
- Jason in his He-Man pajamas was really cute. His (dead) mom asking if he wants sex (or even a BJ) made that moment unnecessarily creepy.
- Sookie’s “must be Thursday” line reminded me of Buffy Summer’s “So, Dawn’s in trouble… must be Tuesday.”
- “I don’t care if those ladies are faires or leprechauns or freaking Ewoks.” I’m really enjoying Andy this season.
- Tara and Jess shouldn’t be fighting. They are both young lady vamps. They were both turned against their will by very reluctant makers. They both fell for Jason. That’s more than enough to base a friendship on!
- iStake makes wayyyy more sense than what I thought they were saying: Ice Stake. Also, more Molly please.
- Hoyt in black eyeliner wearing a red tie and purple vest, complete with a popped collar and black nail polish. I laughed at him for a full minute and then came the pity. Poor guy.
- Terry’s pile of bodies in Iraq and Russull’s pile of bodies at the hospital. Coincidence?
- What did Jesus say to Ruby Jean?!
- Emma is still the most adorable little wolf in the world.
- Does anyone else remember there being another shifter in Sam and Lana’s group? I believe he wore glasses. If he’s real and I didn’t make him up, then where is he?
Next week’s True Blood: Hopeless (The hunted becomes the hunter)
Nicole is a TV junkie and TVDM helps her feed a lifelong addiction. She can be found here, providing biased commentary (sprinkled with a few Pop Up Video-esque insights) on her favorite shows, every week.