Previously on Parks and Recreation: Bowling for Votes
In this Valentine’s Day-themed evening, Leslie was manically playing matchmaker for Ann aka the ‘beautiful spinster’. Doesn’t it seem like just yesterday Ann was trying to fix Leslie up with Chris, the annoying MRI technologist? Oh how the romantic tides have turned in our little Pawnee.
When Adam Scott tweeted that Party Down fans were in for a surprise, I knew two things: bloggers across the interwebz were going to use (and abuse) “Are we having fun yet?” and ‘Operation Ann’ had the potential to make up for last week’s so-so episode. Mission accomplished. I watched it with the giddiness of Ron solving riddles and you know it was a good episode when creepy Oren hiding under the table wasn’t the best thing to happen.
- Who else wants a needlepoint pillow with their name, picture and lead headline from the day they were born? Marie Osmond as the Mormon Madonna would look great in stitching.
- ‘Gal-lentine’s Day’ should be combined with ‘Treat Yo Self’. Somebody make that happen.
- “It’s really hard to say ‘congrats’ without sounding sarcastic.” – Ann, who is very, very right. Congrats to all of you lovebirds out there.
- “Thank you all for being here, let’s get started.” -Ron…to his barbecue ribs.
- Attractive. Smart. Kind. Simple, yet very good criteria.
- Yachter Otter, the playboy otter lost at sea. When Ben gave this gift to Leslie, all I could think of was IASIP and the gang creating things out of Charlie’s ‘Dram Bok’.
- “Millicent Gergich has literally torn my heart from my body and replaced it with a thick slab of sadness. I may never smile again.” -Chris aka DJ Chris Cross
- “Getting wet with sound.”
- Jerry accidentally hired a male escort via Craigslist. Oh Jerry.
- The image of Leslie dancing to Single Ladies…alone…at her ex’s wedding.
- “I hate riddles and other such nonsense. I want that on the record.” -Ron, who “secretly” loves riddles.
- Martin Starr (Roman DeBeers, Party Down‘s resident bitter/jaded/judgmental/intellectual fiction writer turned cater waiter) as Kevin at the snow globe museum. His hair was a little longer, but he was still deadpan and sarcastic. I could have used more interaction, but I’m just glad the Starz HD mention wasn’t the surprise.
- “I’m Harris. Heard you were desperate for a man piece. We in business?” How do you even turn down a man that’s been to 308 Phish concerts?!
- Dating tip: Never, ever begin an introduction by saying you’re an amateur juggler. Noted.
- The lustful looks Ron got at the gay bar, which were to be expected.
- Lil’ Sebastian has a shrine and unbeknownst to Leslie, Ben is still unimpressed.
- Ann and Ton, snuggling up like little bunnies? I could totally see that.